Forum Thread: Steampunk Music.

Hi Everyone!

My name is Craig Wallace-Gibb and I'm a performing musician, composer and teacher in Perth Western Australia. I discovered the steampunk aesthetic about three years ago when I happened upon some work (wonderful jewellery) by a local Steampunk Artist, Michelle Murray (Steelhip Design) in Perth Western Australia. This was essentially my introduction to Steampunk. I was so inspired I went home and wrote a piece of music to the images on her website. I kept the music and didn't release it or post it anywhere though I do plan to do so on various streaming platforms very soon. The Heart in the cover image here is a piece by Michelle and was the actual artwork that originally inspired me.

Though I've only written the one Steampunk piece thus far, I'm keen to create more in this fascinating genre.

I particularly enjoy creating music inspired by images and film. I'm wondering if there are other people here who enjoy the same or if there's anyone here who may be interested in a project or connecting.

Thankyou all!

Kind Regards,
Craig Wallace-Gibb

Step 1:

Be the First to Respond

Share Your Thoughts

• Hot
  • Active