Forum Thread: I Need a Place to Start

So I have been constantly looking at this world and the more and more I see it the more and more I want to experiment and work with steampunk! I just cant think of anywhere to start. If you guys could help me figure out where to start, that would be much appreciated! I want to be involved but not have it take up all of my time, so that is what I am looking for.

Thanks!

2 Responses

Well, it really depends. If you're looking to put together an outfit, the best place to go is your local thrift stores. You'll get the most "bang for your buck", so to speak, that way.

What I recommend is finding a solid base for your outfit at the thrift store, like pants and a shirt, and then maybe ordering a nice vest and jacket online, as those are harder to come by. I have a few posts here that may be of interest to you.

Start there. =)

Austin put it quite well. I would also look around online and see what you like. I have a pretty eclectic sense of style so I pretty much did an adaptation of what I'd normally wear with some engineer aspects. Look and see what kind of look/persona you want to portray and go to town. It'll suck you in quick.

Share Your Thoughts

• Hot
  • Active